Saturday, February 25, 2012

A day in the garden



These flowers grow in bunch, they are absolutely lovely and give a pleasant smell in the evening.

Orchids

Oranges


 The orange juice is my 'Miracle water' . I have low pressure problems, and one sip of this juice instantly refreshes and uplifts my mood.









Wild rose, though it grows wild, the smell of these rose flowers is absolutely divine.


Shadow play


 These are not mangoes from the tree. We have a tradition here in Kerala, that if the tree doesn't bear fruits in 2 years, it's taunted and humiliated to fruit. So, my mom hung some mangoes on the branches so that the tree may finally feel ashamed and humiliated at its inability to bear fruits, she even goes to the tree and say out aloud on how disappointed she is to have the tree in the house which doesn't bear fruits. Trust me, it works!!!



6 comments:

Swarnali said...

Those oranges looks more like lemons to me :P
And that mango ritual that you pointed out is actually true. It was scientifically proven that plants react to music,they react to the tone in which words are directed to them. It really works. Symphonies help plants grow better and hard rock kills them :P

Sharon said...

Wow you have such a beautiful garden..i have never heard of the mango ritual before..sounds really interesting..will definitely pass this trick to my mom!!

Red Handed said...

beautiful flowers!!
Love them ORCHIDS!!!

fashionistas stop said...

I love all the flowers..looks beautiful..like like seriously!
The best part is the tradition :P
I love it, I will try here too :D

thanks for the lovely comment hon!

Bulbul vishwakarma said...

you've got a such a beautiful garden..:)
greenery is so refreshing to me..:)..i love it..very nice blog..^__^

thanks for your sweet comment on my blog..:)
mind following each other..?!

elegancestylized.blogspot.com

Thripti Aravind said...

@Swarnali hard rock...aww...u must come to our house when sanks is around....he only plays Gothic rock...a big starin for my ear drums:/
@♥Sharon♥ It works!!!actually does work...lemme know how your trees fared:)
@Red Handed Thank you:). I am a big fan of your writing , but never got around commenting
@fashionistas stop Thank you:)
@LPFashionPhilosophy Thank you:)
@bulbulvish I am already following you :)